Detalles del puesto
WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a Manager, Learning Systems Design, you will drive research, design, and continuous improvement of the learning design systems, including the components, capabilities and elements that support the rapid development of learning systems. You will ensure evidence-driven design mindsets, methods, and processes are at the heart of each part of the learning system. You will work closely with the product managers to design, integrate and pilot tools into current and future learning environments. You will also work with the Manager of Learning Experience Design, to ensure tools meet the needs of different disciplines (tech, data, design, etc.) and support the development of a library of cross-disciplinary components and tools.
This role has flexibility to be 100% remote with limited travel.
- Define the principles of learning to support key learning interactions and components (for instance, collaborative learning, performance assessment, simulation-based learning, worked examples, etc.).
- Consume research, publications, conference presentations, or other content on the best practices, learning principles, and applications of learning systems.
- Be familiar with the learning strategies and tools employed by others in the field, and evaluate their effectiveness on meeting learning goals.
- Support product and instructional teams in identifying learner goals and proposing learning solutions.
Design & Development
- Define the learning requirements or design specs for learning tools and components by leveraging innovative instructional design methods, patterns, and frameworks.
- Partner with product teams, subject matter experts (SMEs), instructors, and learners to oversee the creation of pilot components of learning design systems.
- Work with instructors, advisory boards, learners, and alumni to co-design or curate new tools, strategies, or modifications to learning components.
- Collect, synthesize and analyze data on learning impact for continuous improvement, refinement, and content updating.
- Work with other research functions to conduct experiments, pilots, classroom observations, and other data collection for evidence of learning impact.
- Work with marketing and external communications teams to present findings, principles, and other learnings through publications, presentations, and media.
- Work with product management, learning content management, and learning experience design teams to build out the library of product components, exemplars and documentation
- Work with Product Management, Learning Experience Design, and Instructional Management to train and onboard instructors in the best use of learning components.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Has at least 8 years of experience in instructional design or related field
- Has at least 3 to 5 years leadership or supervisory experience
- Has a Master’s Degree in education, Instructional Design Systems (ISD) or other related fields
- Is fluent in the principles of learning and their application to adult and technical education
- Can conduct product and learning research, including experiments, pilots, observations, and user studies.
- Passionate about supporting entry to tech careers and skills for diverse learners
- Has ease in collaborating with subject matter experts and product managers and synthesizing learning feedback
- Thrives working in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Familiar with Keynote, Google Suite, LMS/LCMS, adobe design products, multimedia authoring tools, and other learning tools used in various learning settings.
- Ideally has an advanced degree in learning sciences, educational psychology, human-computer interaction, or other related fields.
Lo que significa ser parte de the Adecco Group.
Durante más de 50 años, hemos ayudado a conectar a miles de personas, en todo el mundo, de diferentes experiencias y culturas con oportunidades de empleo. Ofrecemos servicios y soluciones líderes de Recursos Humanos, impulsando el mundo del trabajo, que no solo ofrece a nuestros clientes una experiencia más personalizada, sino que también brinda a nuestros compañeros un sentido de propósito y valor en el trabajo que realizan con nosotros. Ser parte de nuestro grupo internacional significa ser parte de una comunidad que se impulsa mutuamente para ser mejor. Harás un trabajo que desafíe la vida de nuestros clientes. Serás parte de una red de personas enérgicas y profesionales que creen en lo que estamos haciendo. Y tu también creerás en ello.