Detalles del puesto
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for instructors:
Why teach our Software Engineering Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for software development with the next generation of developers, we’d love for you to consider joining our team. We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for teachers who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love. As a full-time teacher for our flagship full-time web development program, you will join us on one of our many campuses to:
- Work closely with one or more co-instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship in software development.
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
What do we teach?
We give students the chance to spend focused time building at least 4 major projects, in addition to other smaller projects and labs. About 20% of overall class time is spent on dedicated project work.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of web developers.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience working on a software development team.
- WSI Alumni a strong plus
- You have working experience in both front-end and back-end development, and are fluent in
- HTML and CSS
- At least one JS MV* framework (Angular, Backbone, or React preferred)
- SQL databases (we generally use PosgreSQL)
- NoSQL (we generally cover MongoDB and Redis)
- At least one additional object-oriented language (Ruby or Python preferred)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach Monday-Friday, all day, for the 12 week duration of the program
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work closely with co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic, collaborative, and positive classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new skill set
For Applicants in Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Applicants in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lo que significa ser parte de the Adecco Group.
Durante más de 50 años, hemos ayudado a conectar a miles de personas, en todo el mundo, de diferentes experiencias y culturas con oportunidades de empleo. Ofrecemos servicios y soluciones líderes de Recursos Humanos, impulsando el mundo del trabajo, que no solo ofrece a nuestros clientes una experiencia más personalizada, sino que también brinda a nuestros compañeros un sentido de propósito y valor en el trabajo que realizan con nosotros. Ser parte de nuestro grupo internacional significa ser parte de una comunidad que se impulsa mutuamente para ser mejor. Harás un trabajo que desafíe la vida de nuestros clientes. Serás parte de una red de personas enérgicas y profesionales que creen en lo que estamos haciendo. Y tu también creerás en ello.